Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

WP.osC or other eCommerce solutions

Old May 20, 2009, 02:43 AM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
Has anyone investigated WP.osC? (http://www.wposc.com). It is a modified version of osCommerce that can be integrated with Wordpress and "use" the same template as the Wordpress site (sort of...). There is a modified version of Atahualpa available for WP.osC, but WP 2.7.1 seems to break it.

The concept is great (though osCommerce is not my favorite eCommerce solution), but getting it going and maintained through various upgrades is worrisome. I love what I can do with Atahualpa, but I really need an eCommerce solution to go with it. (no... WP-eCommerce, the plugin from New Zealand) is not the same thing and not a viable solution for many reasons.

Any experiences or advice to relate here?

Thanks,
Jack

Last edited by jack96161; May 20, 2009 at 02:45 AM. Reason: fixed typos
Old May 20, 2009, 05:58 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Does it work with 2.7.1 and the "Default" theme? Other big plugins like WPG2 should work in Atahualpa 3.3.3
Old May 20, 2009, 10:36 AM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
WP.osc is not a WP plugin, it's a modified version of osCommerce that supplies hooks for it to access the WP database for information about the WP site - blog info, etc. There are a couple of separate plugins to enhance its use that do work perfectly with Atahualpa 3 on WP 2.7.1.

This is not a fault of Atahualpa 3, it's WP.osC that broke with the changes to WP 2.7.1 - at the risk of abusing this forum, I was hoping someone using this wonderful theme had tried it. As I write this, I'm finding more reason to abandon WP.osC, not the least of which is the rapid response and great support you provide here that WP.osC's forum is lacking. Unfortunately, that still leaves me without a viable option to integrate some eCommerce package with WP. I seriously do not want to forgo Atahualpa to be able to add an online store to a WP site.

Jack
Old Dec 21, 2009, 02:56 PM
ramapoughnative

9 posts · Jul 2009
I am using wordpress and i'm trying to integrate WP.osC with the atahualpa theme on both. I almost have it fully working. I wish there was a GUI interface to make changes to the theme on WP.osC as there is on the WP version. I'm having problems trying to get the header .jpg to display. All i get now is a blank picture. Anyone else come across this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
steven
Old Dec 21, 2009, 03:58 PM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
Sounds like a path error -- i.e., the header image is in a different directory than what is expected. Look at the HTML that is trying to render that page and see where it thinks the image is. You may have to put copies of the same image in two places so both WP and WP.osCommerce can find them.

I gave up on the early version of WP.osc, in part because I couldn't figure out the directory structure required. Part of the problem is osCommerce, which has a very convoluted layout to start with...

I'll be interested to know if this works with Atahualpa and how you plan to keep up with any updates in either Atahualpa or osCommerce. Keeping osCommerce current has been critical in the past owing to some serious security holes that had to be plugged immediately and I always like to keep both WP and Atahualpa current as well.

Making osCommerce use any Wordpress theme is a non-trivial undertaking -- hope it works for you.

Jack
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:54 PM
ecommerce

2 posts · Feb 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'd suggest custom ecommerce solutions to develop carts for wordpress.