Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Html tag within textarea

Old Mar 31, 2009, 09:09 AM
v-na

2 posts · Mar 2009
Hi there,

I've got a form that has a textarea within in. Everytime the form is submitted, I check if everything is ok and if not I'll show an error message and of course display whatever the user inputted before.
My problem is whenever I put a value in textarea, it displays an extra html tags which was not there before.
For example, the text area contains : first line\nsecond line
When I print it back it displays as "first line<br />second line"
I've tried many things to get rid of it, but It didnt work.
Can anybody help? Thanks.

v-na.