Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Several n00b Questions, and a Suggestion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 17, 2014, 03:04 PM
Quantumn

5 posts · Sep 2014
Several n00b Questions, and a Suggestion

Hi, I'm enjoying Montezuma so far. It was quite a shock when I went to make theme changes and was presented with the raw .css files, but I'm adjusting. This theme is generally more for web developers than bloggers.

The site I'm working on is here and I've done quite a bit of rewiring to the base theme as you can see, but there are a few things I can't figure out.

- I'd like the sidebar on the -left- rather than the right. Is this possible?

- I'd like to stop this half-color of titles thing. I can see it's not a simple comment-out, but my attempts to make the titles one color -and- change color on hover, have failed.

- I can't seem to set the font-weight of my article text. I've set it down to 200, which seems to come up when the page first loads, but then is overtaken by the bolding.

- Somehow the theme chooses a section of each article to present on the home page. Maybe it's the first 4 or 5 lines. Where is this decision made? .I'd like more lines, and I'd like to preserve my paragraphs; I have my <more> tag. And it seems to choose an arbitrary image from the article, which is usually squirrely and irrelevant to the title. Where is this decision made?

- How do I adjust the height of the header, where it says "Weblog..." I'd like to have more of the background image.

- I can't figure out where to put the background image for the article background. I've tried everywhere that makes sense and nothing works. I'd like this background also behind the sidebar, and I'd like to add a slight tint to the sidebar.

- Are there other choices for the format of the calendar widget?

And last I have a suggestion. I know it's not easy to wean off of Javascript, but the Tor Browser and other secure browsers can't do Javascript. That's the reason I'm moving to HTML5 and is why I'm here. Can maybe a view be taken to reducing the Javascript in successive releases? HTML5 should be able to cover everything.