Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] Manually Change RSS Link URL

Old Aug 20, 2009, 04:31 PM
muchasg

16 posts · Aug 2009
Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a way to manually change the url to which the little RSS icons in the upper right are directed.

Here's my site:

goduckspodcast.com

Thanks!

-Mike
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:52 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You could either edit functions/bfa_header_config.php for this, or not display the whole %logo area at Theme Options -> Configure Header Area, and construct your own logo area with HTML/PHP in Theme Options -> Configure Header Area instead

You can mix and match Atahualpa tags such as %pages or %image with HTML and PHP, i.e.

%pages
... your HTML / PHP
%image
Old Aug 23, 2009, 01:16 PM
muchasg

16 posts · Aug 2009
Hey Flynn,

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. However, I'm still a little confused. I want to show the header area and title and everything like it is now... and I also want to show the rss icon in the upper right. My goal is to change where one is directed after clicking on the rss icon. Right now clicking takes you to:

http://goduckspodcast.com/?feed=rss2

Is there anyway to change this? I didn't see the link in the bfa_header_config.php file. I guess I was thinking that if I could just find where this link is defined, I could replace it with my own url.

Thanks again.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 04:05 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It should be

$logo_area .= 'href="' . $bfa_ata['bloginfo_rss2_url'] . '" title="' .
$bfa_ata['post_feed_link_title'] . '">' .
$bfa_ata['post_feed_link'] . '</a>';

Replace with

$logo_area .= 'href="http://www.url.com/">Title</a>';

or, to keep using the other settings (link anchor title and link title)

$logo_area .= 'href="http://www.url.com/" title="' .
$bfa_ata['post_feed_link_title'] . '">' .
$bfa_ata['post_feed_link'] . '</a>';
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:55 PM
muchasg

16 posts · Aug 2009
Thanks!!! You're the best!