Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

2 questions about background images

Old Nov 11, 2009, 02:54 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
Hey All,

Thanks to Juggledad I've been playing around with a large background image for my site. But, now some other issues are coming up. I've searched this forum as well as a Google search, but can't find anything.

www.sandhillwebsitedesign.com

Question #1:
How can I get a second image in the background? I have one large, centered image at the top, but I want to add a repeating image underneath it to give the illusion that the drop shadow on the right is continuing down. For the second image I simply cut a few pixels from the bottom of the large image.

If there isn't a way to do this then I'll probably remove the drop shadow and just stick with a plain white box for the background.

Question #2:
Is there any way to rotate through background images, similar to how the header can rotate through images each time you refresh the page?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Here's an example of a repeating middle-image: www.sandhillpress.com. It looks like a small slice of notebook image keeps repeating until it hits the footer.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 06:56 PM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
I'm also interested in how to rotate background images -- what I'd like to do is have them change whenever a page is landed upon or refreshed.

Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2009, 06:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) - no, you can't have two background images for an element - after all, whigh would be the 'background'? however, you can have a background for the page body, and another for the center column.

2) - You can easily have a background per page. You just to add a CSS selector based off the page id. If you wanted page '7' to have a different background, it would look like this
HTML Code:
body.page-id-7 {
background: #f8f7e5 url(http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa344/images/exclusive/page-back.jpg) no-repeat center top;
}
(check out the site we used for training the other day, I set up an example)

But to get a random background each time you selected a new page would mean a bit of code changing. You would need to code a java script similar to the one in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1307 and then find the area in the code where the style is built and build a CSS selector like above. Theoretically that should work.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 04:58 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
Wow, I think I'll ditch the idea of a rotating background image. I think changing the whole background image for the whole site every once in awhile might be easier.

I just had an idea for getting that drop shadow to continue down the page. I'll see if I can add an image to just the right hand column. Stay tuned...

(I'll look at the test site, too thx! )