Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] using css from other themes in Atahualpa

Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:01 AM
oneearth

7 posts · Oct 2010
Hi - Im obviously not very experienced in WP CSS etc but
I suspect it must be possible to use some of the css from another theme I like
and import it into Atahualpa no?
For instance... I find a menu style I like in some free theme...
it has nice rounded tabs ad great borders and shadows etc...

Is there anywhere I can find tips as to which css to enter where for this
and for othe styling?
It seems to me that for a beginner it should be at least slightly easier than starting from scratch no?

Also - If I purchace Themeframe and generate a beautiful design
I would want to use this sort of approach to bring the design into Atahualpa... no?

Please explain if I am misunderstanding the basics here.

Dan V
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) ThemeFrame is a THEME creator. It builds a complete theme ie, the FILES (index.php, sidebar.php etc) that the theme you create uses. These are not usable by Atahualpa which has it's own index.php, header.php, functions.php. They are two different beasts.

Is it possible to import CSS from another theme into Atahualpa? The answer is 'Yes, BUT...'

There is an area in Atahualpa for inserting CSS Inserts and you could copy the CSS from another theme there, but the NEW CSS will only work if the other theme uses the same naming convention as Flynn (the developer/owner of Atahualpa) used. If you and I were to write come code, would you put money down that we would use the same names for the variables we used? I wouldn't.

The only way to be sure would to be to look at the source of a page created using Atahualpa and then look at the CSS from the other theme and see it the CSS selectors would apply.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 01:53 AM
oneearth

7 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks for that explanation.
Now if I can get an answer to my related question here I will be better positioned to decide to purchase themeframe
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=10163