Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

How can I filter media by author

Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:41 AM
pantoeflou

1 posts · Mar 2010
Hi

I set up wordpress 2.9.2 in such a fashion that any subscriber has "contributor" role and can add media to the site.

What I want to do is for each contributor to only display the media uploaded by that contributor. In other words, in the backend if the contributor is logged in and clicks on Media I want to "filter" the results by author where author is the logged in user. At the same time i want the administrator role to be able to see all media so as to be able to delete explicit content.

I have some php experience but have no idea where to start looking to build this "filter".

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this is a WordPress issue, not a theme issue - you are talking about getting into the guts of the WordPress code. I suggest you go to http://wordpress.org and open a thread there.