Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header image as H1

Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:23 AM
peep_squeak

14 posts · Sep 2011
Header image as H1

Hi,

I started using SEO Doctor to see if my SEO was working as I'm putting a fair bit of time into the keywords etc. I noticed that I don't have an H1 tag on dynamic/multi post pages and I believe this is because I'm using a header image without a blog title.

I searched for using a header image with H1 tag and some places suggested it wasn't good practice and some said it's fine as they crawl the alt tag.

Is there a way of doing that in the theme options or do I have to alter one of the theme files?

Many thanks
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:31 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What is your url?
Are you using the Atahualpa SEO settings?
If you are using the Atahualpa SEO settings what are they set at?
Are you using an SEO plugin?
If you are using an SEO plugin are there any settings in it for h1/h2 tags?

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 26, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 09:39 AM
peep_squeak

14 posts · Sep 2011
Sorry, my url is www.saltpigcanteen.com

I'm using Allinone SEO plugin but can't see anything about H1 tags and header images.

Last edited by lmilesw; Apr 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 09:39 AM
peep_squeak

14 posts · Sep 2011
http://www.saltpigcanteen.com/?attachment_id=2910
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I wouldn't be too concerned about having H1 tags on the multi-post pages. You can go crazy trying t6 twiddle tags and such for the "best" SEO. I would just stick with having good titles on the posts and good content. I also think even if you could add H1 tags on the multi-post pages it wouldn't do much good and could negatively impact SEO.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:24 AM
peep_squeak

14 posts · Sep 2011
ok so it's no problem if there's no H1 tag on the post pages either but there's a H2 tag?

Thanks for the reply