Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

New Widget Area named after logged user ID

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 12, 2010, 06:29 AM
thanos

5 posts · Feb 2010
Athens, Greece
New Widget Area named after logged user ID

Hi,
I've been using Atahualpa for a long time but never had to post something in the forum as I always find what I'm looking for here..

What I want to do in my new web site is to automatically create a new widget area for every user that subscribes to it and name it after his/her id and last name (example: 2 Smith).

I can get the user info with this piece of code:

php global $current_user;
get_currentuserinfo();

echo 'Username: ' . $current_user->user_login . "\n";
echo 'User email: ' . $current_user->user_email . "\n";
echo 'User level: ' . $current_user->user_level . "\n";
echo 'User first name: ' . $current_user->user_firstname . "\n";
echo 'User last name: ' . $current_user->user_lastname . "\n";
echo 'User display name: ' . $current_user->display_name . "\n";
echo 'User ID: ' . $current_user->ID . "\n";

What I'm looking for is the way to place the data from $current_user->ID and $current_user->user_lastname inside the command (bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area') for creating the new widget areas.

I'm using Wordpress 3.0.1 and Atahualpa 3.5.3
My php skills are very very limited...

Thanks