Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] RSS subscribe failing

Old Oct 14, 2009, 05:41 PM
myceliae

4 posts · Oct 2009
Hello all.

I'm having issues with the RSS Subscribe button on my page coming up with errors.
http://kelfae.com/blog/
This is what I get when I click on it:

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Line Number 6, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
^

Please forgive my newbie-ness!
Help much appreciated, thanks.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when I hit the subscribe button I go to the subscribe page - when does the error happen and where do you see it?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:18 PM
myceliae

4 posts · Oct 2009
How very odd!
I had a friend test it from another computer, and she had the same problem as I did.
Which was: when clicked on it takes me to a page with this url http://kelfae.com/blog/feed/ but with the error information on it, nothing else.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
when I go there is see four posts and alll the subscription info.
What browser/os platform
try another browser
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:21 PM
myceliae

4 posts · Oct 2009
Windows Vista, with Firefox 3.5. I tried it in IE too, no luck there either - I get the same error (but with a "column number 3" instead of "column number 1" as in Firefox).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by myceliae; Oct 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 02:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you customize your feed template (wp-rss2.php)?

You could try the solution at http://www.techdreams.org/blogging/f.../2457-20090504

Update: I just tested it on a 'pc' and I get the error aslo, however on my Mac, it works fine -

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 15, 2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 04:09 PM
myceliae

4 posts · Oct 2009
Solved, thankyou! I had to do it the long way around (editing them manually), but it has seems to have worked.

I shall be happy to donate when I have some funds, thanks so much for your help.

(P.S, I didn't customise my feed template, no)