Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Update Atahualpa versions - do I lose all my design settings?

Old Feb 19, 2010, 06:22 PM
runbei

22 posts · Oct 2009
Mountain View, CA
Fearlessly asking a dumb question - I just set a whole bunch of Atahualpa options in 3.4.5, and WordPress is nagging me to upgrade to 3.4.6 - would like to do it, and will - but will I lose all those design settings?

Last edited by runbei; Feb 20, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 03:48 AM
Mark_

29 posts · Feb 2010
As far as I know and that maybe not a lot as noob to WP and this theme so don't take this as gospel, but as long as the changes were done in the Options panel and not by directly editing any files you will be fine.

But as with anything like this Backup Backup Backup, just in case

Maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm this? Also is their a HOWTO anywhere on the best way to upgrade?

Edit:

Have just found this thread http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5341 looks like you have to backup any custom header images (but to be safe I would backup everything including the database)

Last edited by Mark_; Feb 20, 2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 05:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the changes done via the theme options are stored in the WordPress database.
Any changes you have actually made to the code (the theme code) you will have to redo.

If you added images to the images/header/ folder and do an automatic upgrade, the folder maybe wiped out with the images from the theme. This is why you want to backup any images you have put there.

Personally, I do the update manually. I
- download the theme to my computer
- unzip the folder and make sure it has the name of the version
- copy in my header images, deleting the supplied images
- FTP the folder to the themes folder
This way I can switch between versions just in case I missed something - this does require that I adjust URL names if I'm using the full path name to get to an image, but I'm ok with that.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:26 AM
runbei

22 posts · Oct 2009
Mountain View, CA
Thanks, Juggledad - helpful as usual. Well, that sounds simple enough - am using a header image for a couple of sites so will do the updates on those sites manually.