Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

The short code and excerpt problem.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 19, 2009, 05:55 AM
eerms

3 posts · Sep 2009
The short code and excerpt problem.

I have WP version 2.8.4 and I use customized Atahualpa with Viper's Video Quicktags.
This is my first Atahualpa site so bear with me.
Most of things I have worked out, but there are a couple of things that are not working for me.

The most annoying thing is that short codes (and the link inside them) used by Viper's plugin show up in the excerpt as a text.
It would be a nice idea to get rid of these links or make wp process them so the embedded video shows up.

I have searched around and it seems the only working solution is to add this
Code:
add_filter( 'the_excerpt', 'do_shortcode', 11 );
line in the functions.php file excerpts section. Maybe it has worked for someone (with a different theme?), but in my case it just makes everything inside the short code into a link.

Viper's developer pointed out that if this isn't working for someone then they are out of luck. I believe that there has to be a solution and I don't believe I'm the only one with this problem. I tried to place this code in different section of the functions.php and tried different versions of the code, but with no result.

Maybe someone here could help me?

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 22, 2009 at 04:46 AM.