Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Can't get logo and header image overlay to be centered on all screen resolutions

Old Feb 27, 2009, 12:37 PM
jockoe

23 posts · Feb 2009
How do I make it so that my site, http://www.tracyandcarol.com/, shows properly with all screen resolutions? Here's what I mean...

This is my site header at 1280 x 767

It looks perfect.

Here it is at 1024 x 768.

Not perfect.

The "RSS" and "Search" are pushed right off the screen, yet the right side bar remains.

I am using the overlay where the header image is supposed to be, to hold the day and date. It is positioned using the option "Header Image > Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style" - I have
..... float:none; margin-left:475px;
in there. I suspect that using pixels is causing my grief, but I was unable to use a percent or auto. Every time I tried either, my day/date remained aligned to the left. I also tried the instructions to position the div container (overlay) so that it would be in the center, but that remained left aligned also.

I thought the thread at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ht=screen+size might help, but it did not. Is there an options-only way to accomplish this or do PHP files need editing?

Last edited by jockoe; Feb 27, 2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 02:44 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Change RSS Settings -> RSS Box Width from 280px to 180px

and add as CSS Insert:

HTML Code:
td.logoarea-logo {
width: 100%; /* to make this cell get all available width */
}
td.feed-icons,
td.search-box {
width: 200px; /* to limit these cells to the width of the right sidebar*/
}
img.logo {
margin: 0 auto;  /* center image */
}

If any of these doesn't seem to get applied add !important i.e.

HTML Code:
img.logo {
margin: 0 auto !important;
}