Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Working with Atahualpa on my site

Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:48 PM
Runner

1 posts · Apr 2010
First post so here goes, I have been using wordpress for around 18 months and know my way around it but having recently discovered Atahualpa I want to create a new site. I know some Html although its been a while and CSS is zero but in order to start changing the theme around ie header images, colours layouts, etc what should I put some effort into understanding the basics of is it CSS or PHP or both ?
The forums great for individual problems but I want to be able to understand the basics of Atahualpa editing then try and solve most of the issues as they occur or revert to the forums for help if I cant. Any thoughts or comments ?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The two top things I can suggest are look through the Atahualpa settings to familiarize yourself with them and go to W3Schools. Especially the CSS Tutorials. Getting a handle on CSS is going to go a long way with working with Atahualpa. PHP not so much. All the PHP I use is cut and pasted from either the Atahualpa pages themselves where examples are given or from the forums.

Have Fun