Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

H1 not showing up..

Old Apr 9, 2011, 09:46 AM
bwolfsohn

3 posts · Apr 2011
H1 not showing up..

I can't seem to get an H1 tag on my home page..

http://wordpress.gotfolk.com

I apologize for what seems to be a dumb question.. Sometimes, the most basic stuff gives me trouble..

using 3.6.4

I've attached my settings...
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wordpressgotfolkcom-20110409(2).txt (19.2 KB, 696 views)
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That's because you are not displaying your blog title. Atahualpa makes the Blog title the <h1> but you are not displaying the blog title.

If you go to ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Blog Title? and set it to YES you will then see an <h1>
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:32 PM
bwolfsohn

3 posts · Apr 2011
jugglehead,

thanks for the quick reply..

Is it possible to use the logo as the H1 with alt text ?
is that a poor (SEO) practice ??
Old Apr 9, 2011, 03:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The way it works is that on multi-post pages, like the blog page, the blog title is the <h1> but on the single post pages, the post title is the <h1> and the blog title becomes the <h2>, on 'page' pages, the page title is the <h1>.

There is code that flips this back and forth that you would have to change.

You could turn on the option to display the blog title and then add css to not display it
HTML Code:
#blogtitle {display;none;}