Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Need some help editing my page menu bar..

Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:29 AM
Carles

7 posts · Feb 2011
Caldes de Montbui
Unhappy [SOLVED] Need some help editing my page menu bar..

Hi!

I got stuck with this problem...I want one of the items of my page menu bar to be floating to the right...but i cannot find the way to do it.

I found the way to edit the hole at once menu using CSS in CSS Inserts, but what i need is to edit only one of the items and i cannot find the id of the items to, then, be able to edit only the one i want.

Can someone help me with this? Where can i find the items id?

tnx in advance!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:21 AM
runnerb0y

67 posts · Nov 2010
If you use Firefox, do yourself a huge favor and install Firebug. Learn how to use that little gem and it will save you literally hundreds of hours in developing sites.

In the case of the Page Menu items, they will be identified something like the following...(I'm using ATA 3.6.4, earlier versions may have a slightly different identification.

Code:
<li class="page_item page-item-2">
Obviously the one you're trying to affect could be numbered differently
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:34 AM
Carles

7 posts · Feb 2011
Caldes de Montbui
First of all tnx for the fast reply!

I already did that, and i already know how firebug works...it is really amazing! and i already did that but when I tried to edit that class in CSS Inserts, in ATO, it didn't work, i don't know why...i thought that was not the right id...:S

Any idea which can be the problem?

tnx!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you may have to add an !important' if there is another CSS selector that takes more precedence over the one you are entering.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:48 AM
Carles

7 posts · Feb 2011
Caldes de Montbui
Tried that too... and still not working.

I go to ATO, Add HTML/CSS Inserts, and then i write down this code:

.page_item page-item-910{
float:right !important;
}

but it doesn't work. I've tried also changing the margin or the width and height...to check the problem was not on trying to make it float on the right but non of this options work... :S

tnx again for replying that fast
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Page-item-910 is a class so it needs a leading period