Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page Nav dropdowns appear behind sidebar

Old Jul 4, 2009, 06:35 PM
SWD

4 posts · Apr 2009
Page nav bar dropdowns are appearing behind one of the sidebars in IE 7 & 8. They work correctly in IE 6, Safari and FireFox. The offending sidebar contains a swf (culumus plugin). Its just the interaction between the swf and the pulldown that is the issue. Have tested this by reordering the contents of that sidebar and the pull downs work as expected but the second I put the swf at the top of the sidebar the pulldowns hide behind it. They of course pop out when you resize the window. Ordinarily in these situations I would adjust the z-index so the nav bar is on top but a look thru your code and I see that you've already set this for 999 and you have some IE hacks for the nav bar. See the site at paradoxprocess.org

Also important to note that I used the code from another post to center the nav bar:

ul#rmenu2 {border: 0;}
div.rMenu-center {border: solid 1px #ae6521;background-color: #ae6521;}

Do you have any suggestions on what might allow the nav bar to dropdown over the swf in IE 7 & 8? Please let me know. Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 06:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1989 and try the suggestion in post #22
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:16 PM
SWD

4 posts · Apr 2009
Since this is a plugin (WP-cumulus) that creates its own widget (based on the selected variables configured in the dashboard) not a static swf with the code placed in a text widget, the js for this is in the php doc and is written a little differently than the sample. I'm not sure if I added it correctly or in the correct place since it didn't work. Any other suggestions? The code I added is in red below:

$flashtag = '<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="'.$movie.'" width="'.$options['width'].'" height="'.$options['height'].'" wmode="opaque">';
$flashtag .= '<param name="movie" value="'.$movie.'" />';
$flashtag .= '<param name="bgcolor" value="#'.$options['bgcolor'].'" />';
$flashtag .= '<param name="wmode" value="opaque" />';
$flashtag .= '<param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="always" />';
if( $options['trans'] == 'true' ){
$flashtag .= '<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />';

----
btw this is in WP 2.8 and Atahualpa 3.3.3

Last edited by SWD; Jul 6, 2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: additon
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:53 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
$flashtag = '<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="'.$movie.'" width="'.$options['width'].'" height="'.$options['height'].'" wmode="opaque">';

Remove the red parts and edit the green part. looks like you didn't post the whole code due to the missing closing </object> tag. Don't you have an embed part, too, before the closing </object>? If you don't have it, and it still doesn't work, i.e. in Firefox, try mimicking that, i.e. by appending (before the </object>)

$flashtag .= '<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="opaque" ......other stuff here......... allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
</embed>';

by comparing it with this code http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...8&postcount=22 and adding the variables such as '.$movie.' into the <embed ...> part.

It also seem as if you had to turn on the plugin's transparency option on its settings page:
if( $options['trans'] == 'true' )
Old Jul 20, 2009, 01:31 AM
SWD

4 posts · Apr 2009
Hmm. The code for the plugin doesnt' match yours. I have tried removing what you suggested and replacing "transparent" with opaque in the following code shown in red but I get a parsing error. Please advise.

// write flash tag
if( $options['compmode']!='true' ){
$flashtag = '<!-- SWFObject embed by Geoff Stearns geoff@deconcept.com http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/ -->';
$flashtag .= '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$path.'swfobject.js"></script>';
$flashtag .= '<div id="'.$divname.'">';
if( $options['showwptags'] == 'true' ){ $flashtag .= '<p>'; } else { $flashtag .= '<p style="display:none;">'; };
// alternate content
if( $options['mode'] != "cats" ){ $flashtag .= urldecode($tagcloud); }
if( $options['mode'] != "tags" ){ $flashtag .= urldecode($cats); }
$flashtag .= '</p><p>WP Cumulus Flash tag cloud by <a href="http://www.roytanck.com">Roy Tanck</a> requires Flash Player 9 or better.</p></div>';
$flashtag .= '<script type="text/javascript">';
$flashtag .= 'var '.$soname.' = new SWFObject("'.$movie.'", "tagcloudflash", "'.$options['width'].'", "'.$options['height'].'", "9", "#'.$options['bgcolor'].'");';
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addParam("wmode", "opaque");';
}
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");';
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addVariable("tcolor", "0x'.$options['tcolor'].'");';
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addVariable("tcolor2", "0x' . ($options['tcolor2'] == "" ? $options['tcolor'] : $options['tcolor2']) . '");';
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addVariable("hicolor", "0x' . ($options['hicolor'] == "" ? $options['tcolor'] : $options['hicolor']) . '");';
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addVariable("tspeed", "'.$options['speed'].'");';
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addVariable("distr", "'.$options['distr'].'");';
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addVariable("mode", "'.$options['mode'].'");';
// put tags in flashvar
if( $options['mode'] != "cats" ){
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addVariable("tagcloud", "'.urlencode('<tags>') . $tagcloud . urlencode('</tags>').'");';
}
// put categories in flashvar
if( $options['mode'] != "tags" ){
$flashtag .= $soname.'.addVariable("categories", "' . $cats . '");';
}
$flashtag .= $soname.'.write("'.$divname.'");';
$flashtag .= '</script>';
} else {
$flashtag = '<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="'.$movie.'" width="'.$options['width'].'" height="'.$options['height'].';
$flashtag .= '<param name="wmode" />';
}
$flashtag .= '<param name="flashvars" value="';
$flashtag .= 'tcolor=0x'.$options['tcolor'];
$flashtag .= '&tcolor2=0x'.$options['tcolor2'];
$flashtag .= '&hicolor=0x'.$options['hicolor'];
$flashtag .= '&tspeed='.$options['speed'];
$flashtag .= '&distr='.$options['distr'];
$flashtag .= '&mode='.$options['mode'];
// put tags in flashvar
if( $options['mode'] != "cats" ){
$flashtag .= '&tagcloud='.urlencode('<tags>') . $tagcloud . urlencode('</tags>');
}
// put categories in flashvar
if( $options['mode'] != "tags" ){
$flashtag .= '&categories=' . $cats;
}
$flashtag .= '" />';
// alternate content
if( $options['mode'] != "cats" ){ $flashtag .= '<p>'.urldecode($tagcloud).'</p>'; }
if( $options['mode'] != "tags" ){ $flashtag .= '<p>'.urldecode($cats).'</p>'; }
$flashtag .= '<p>WP-Cumulus by <a href="http://www.roytanck.com/">Roy Tanck</a> requires Flash Player 9 or better.</p>';
$flashtag .= '</object>';
}
return $flashtag;
}