Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] What is going on - my blog is suddenly soo slow!

Old Jun 7, 2009, 03:55 PM
pltrace

25 posts · Feb 2009
All along, I have been using atahualpa with awesome results. I have a cache widget installed and up until about a week ago everything was fine. Now, it is taking absolutely forever for my blog to load and even longer to make and edit new posts. It has been trying to publish one entry now for 10 minutes. What did I do wrong and how do I troubleshoot? I have been keeping all my pictures pretty small. Any thoughts? Thanks!!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 01:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you checked with your host provider to see if anything has changed?

If every thing was working fine and a week ago it started to go slow, something changed. If you didn't make any changes to Atahulapa, then it's something else.

Temporally switch to the default thems, still slow? then talk to our host provider.

It could be anything from spyware on your computer eating the cpu cycles up, a change in the bandwidth at your ISP or somethinbg at the HOST computer.

If getting else where on the internet is still fast, I'd start with the host. Check the access when you use what ever control panel they have.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 09:29 PM
pltrace

25 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks for your reply. It must have been the host since I deactivated some plugins and saw no difference and then now it seems to be working again. Thanks anyway, though!