Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Gravatar does not recognize my wp username & email

Old Nov 25, 2009, 04:32 AM
coolmummy

16 posts · Nov 2009
Hello,

I am trying to set up a Gravatar account to have an avatar picture attached to my admin profile when I reply to comments on my blog posts.
I cannot set up a Gravatar account despite the fact that I am trying to login with the same details I use to log into my wordpress blog (which is using the username / email and passwords on my user profile in wordpress).
I even logged into my blog dashboard and set up a new user with admin rights and tried to go back to Gravatar and login with this new users details but I still cannot do it.

It keeps propping me with the same message below:

This username already exists

Gravatar.com has merged with WordPress.com and now share user information. There is apparently already someone using that name on WordPress.com. If that is your WordPress.com account, here are the steps that you need to follow to use it.

Look at the email address listed on the account in your WordPress.com profile section
Log into gravatar.com with that email address, and the password for your WordPress.com account

Once you are logged into the account you may add as many other email addresses as you wish.If you cannot log into WordPress.com with that username, then you will have to choose another name which is not already in use (you'll want to click “close this window”, below, and try something different.)

I have tried so many times. Please help.
Thanks - D
Old Nov 25, 2009, 06:42 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That message you get indicates that there is an account at WordPress.com with the user name you want for your Gravatar account. It looks like you are just signing into your self hosted blog, setting up an account and then trying to set up your Garvatar account. What the message is saying is that you have to go to www.wordpress.com and sign into your account there to make Gravatar changes.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 03:05 AM
coolmummy

16 posts · Nov 2009
Thanks so much.
that makes sense now.