Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Multicolumn, how to get it working again?

Old Sep 4, 2012, 06:04 AM
cognosco

33 posts · Sep 2010
Hi, I always used multi column with the following settings in the POST CONTAINER.
<?php if( is_home() ) { ?>
width: 200px;
display: inline-block;
<?php } ?>

It worked well. But since PHP is not allowed it doesn't work anymore. Using the code without PHP brackets works, but then every page is multicolumn. I only want this to be on the homepage and category pages.
How can I fix this? I am looking already a very long time for a solution to this problem. Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 06:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you should be able to do this in the CSS Inserts by using
HTML Code:
body.home div.post, 
body.home div.page { 
}
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:00 AM
cognosco

33 posts · Sep 2010
Thank you! This works!

But, it works on the homepage only. Not yet in the category pages. How can I find the code to implement this for category pages too?
I guess body.home has to do with this. I tried body.category but this does not work. Do you have the right code? Thanks.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Body.category should work. Did you duplicate the reat of the code and replace the ody.home with the body.category?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:25 AM
cognosco

33 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Body.category should work. Did you duplicate the reat of the code and replace the ody.home with the body.category?
Yes, that was exactly what I did.
I had:

body.home div.post,
body.home div.page {
}

body.category div.post,
body.category div.page {
}
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What is the URL? And what do you mean by multi column?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 01:12 PM
cognosco

33 posts · Sep 2010
Thanks again. I fixed it, with your infos.
I made a stupid mistake. I wrote the body.category code in the POST CONTAINER box, but I forgot it had to be written in the CSS-INSERTS page instead.

With multicolumn I mean a layout like this:
post1 | post 2 | post 3
post4 | post5 | post6
post7 | post8 | post9

In this example I have 3 columns, instead of the default:
post1
post2
post3..

To have the first (multicolumn) layout (on a 960px width site) I pasted the following code in the CSS-INSERTS box:
Quote:
body.home div.post,
body.home div.page {
width: 307px;
}
body.category div.post,
body.category div.page {
width: 307px;
}