Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Language Switcher and Atahualpa 3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 6, 2009, 01:09 PM
arnaud

3 posts · Feb 2009
Language Switcher and Atahualpa 3

I am using your theme on my website http://www.axiotonal.com since a year or two and I just upgraded to the outstanding v3.2.

The only problem I am running into is the fact that I am using the plug in Language Switcher to be able to offer a multilingual version of our website.
This plugin was working fine in the last version installed (v2.1) but not in 3.2:

EVerything is ok (post language switching for instance) but the main title in header and the categories in posts footer (see website).

I asked the developer of that plugin and she told me the following:
Quote:
Likely the problem is that the theme developer used some "un-filtered" WordPress functions in the new version, and the old version used "filtered" functions to display the same information. For instance, many WP functions with "get" in their name are unfiltered, while the functions without "get" in the name are generally filtered.

Some of the text might also be directly in the theme file. If that is the case, did the theme author provide for the theme to be translated into other languages? You might need to get POT/PO/MO files.

There is a section on the Language Switcher home page that explains more about this. Good luck!

Regards,
Jennifer
Is there any way to solve this issue ASAP ?
If not, do you know of any alternative that would allow me to offer english AND spanish content ?

Thanks a lot for anyone's help.