Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Newbie question regarding new versions

Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:48 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
I have 3.2 uploaded now but I'm in the very early building and configuration stages.

When and how often should one update to the latest version of Atahualpa?

How easy is this process and will the new versions interface with the old transferring existing formats and content?

Inquiring minds want to know......

Thank you,
Craig
Old Apr 30, 2009, 02:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You don't need to follow each update. A bug does not affect everyone. And you may not need the new features of a new version. More info here http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=70
Old May 7, 2009, 06:43 AM
joeynoears

1 posts · May 2009
Another follow on newbie question (KILLER theme btw). Can I update / apply the new code to the site without hurting prior posts or do I need to do something "else" to get the updates done without blanking all the posts I have put in the system. And also, will the updates (new code) set all my changes back to "default"? - Newbie I know but I want to know what I am doing before I mess things up.

JNE
Old May 7, 2009, 10:27 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Your whole "content", posts, pages, tags etc. will not be affected by a theme upgrade or change at all. The content is stored in another database table and Atahualpa only modifies content on the fly - if at all - but never writes back changed content to the database.