Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

General Usage Frustration

Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:48 PM
chicagoirish

2 posts · Oct 2010
Hi -

Although I'm not exactly computer illiterate, I'm a complete newbie to Atahualpa and formatting web pages.

I'm really frustrated with trying to figure out how to do some of the things I need and even finding what section they're in. Examples include resizing my header image (and what exactly is the header image - my uploaded logo/image or a designated Atahualpa area?), moving and adjusting menu bars, etc.

I'm trying everything by trial and error and it's taking forever. Is there not some sort of user guide or manual, even a very general one? I also don't want to keep posting a question for every little thing I can't figure out (although you guys have been great in responding).

Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The only "manual" is currently the documentation within the theme options which is quite thorough but can be a bit daunting at first especially if you are not familiar with CSS and HTML. PHP knowledge is helpful as well but you can cut and paste most of what you need.

There are some out there who have written guides for Atahualpa so a Google search my bring up something but like most of us it's just putting in a lot of time.

Web pages also include images which is a whole other area that many don't "get" at first. They size the images too big or in the wrong format etc.

And then there is familiarity with WordPress itself and plugins and backups and updating and upgrading and on and on.

I hope you hang in there. It's worth it in the long run.