Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Remove link from Post Headline on home page - novice

Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:34 PM
GunSafesBlogger

9 posts · Jun 2010
Currently using Wordpress 2.9 and Atahualpa 3.4.9.
- GunSafesBlogger.com -

For now, I want to put my full posts on the home page (i may change this later,but for now they are short enough). I set it up as "Only Excerpts" on the home page, and then "Show the first X posts on HOME page as full posts?" is set as "5".

Is there any way to remove the link from each posts headline? The reason I ask is that since the whole post is showing, I assume people can just read the post right there and won't need to click to go to another page with that post.

Also, this will allow me to change the color of each headline. Right now I can't do that because I would be changing a "link" color, not a headline color.

Please help, I am a complete novice so hopefully there's a setting. I can cut and paste some html if you tell me how/where to do it.

Thank you so much!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are "settings" but in many cases they are CSS code that has to be entered. You will see examples throughout the Atahualpa Theme Options for CSS, PHP, and HTML code you can use. To get the most from this theme it is best if you read carefully through all the sections. For instance if you look at ATO>Configure Excerpts you will see how you can set it to show whole posts or just excerpts as well as how long the excerpts should be.

ATO>Tyle POSTS & PAGES gives you many ways to style those items. There are just too many options to list all here plus they are well documented in the theme. It can be daunting at first but after a week or two it will start falling together.