Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Page Menu horizontal with Logo

Old Aug 22, 2010, 03:59 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
I actually have two issues with the logo area that I just can't seem to figure out:

1. How do I make the page menu bar horizontally even with the logo? Right now I get it to go above (%page-right %logo) or below (%logo %page-right). I need the menu to be on the same lines as the logo but on the opposite page.

2. How do I get rid of the Posts/Comments icons without getting rid of the logo?

I am using Atahualpa 3.4.9
the site is: http://growroompr.com

Thank you!

Last edited by cvan; Aug 22, 2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 04:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) you need to yes CSS to position the logo where you want it.
2) go to the themes rss settings and shut them off
Old Aug 22, 2010, 04:38 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
1) you need to yes CSS to position the logo where you want it.
Thank you for the quick reply!

I'm sorry if this is a silly question...but how do I yes CSS?

After I Yes the CSS, then what do I do?

Thanks again!

Last edited by cvan; Aug 22, 2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 05:04 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
Got it!

Thank you!!!
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:22 AM
three50seven

6 posts · Aug 2010
what was this solution please...

i am trying to move the search box from the %logo item to the %pages menu but have it stay right aligned... i was able to combine the %cats and %pages into one line but cant seem to gothe step further and get the %logo on the same line as well

i feel that the solution to this problem is what i am looking for

thank you
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:19 PM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by three50seven
what was this solution please...

i am trying to move the search box from the %logo item to the %pages menu but have it stay right aligned... i was able to combine the %cats and %pages into one line but cant seem to gothe step further and get the %logo on the same line as well

i feel that the solution to this problem is what i am looking for

thank you
All I did was play with the padding in the Layout Style container section. I set my to 35px and it did the trick to align my page menu and logo.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:45 PM
three50seven

6 posts · Aug 2010
which file were you working with to set the padding?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:40 PM
three50seven

6 posts · Aug 2010
ok, it is the margin setting for the /*-------------------- LOGO AREA --------------------------*/ in css.php

i simply set the top margin to a negative value until i got the box where i wanted it, like: margin: -26px 0 0 0;

of course in the atahualpa admin menu, i added %logo to the header area and disabled the logo image and blog title/byline and the rss feed link because all i wanted was the search bar