Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » FAQ - Atahualpa » Header »

How To: keep the blog title over the header image when using fade in/out

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How To: keep the blog title over the header image when using fade in/out

NOTE: this is no longer needed as of version 3.7.18)

(Thanks to lmilesw for this tip)
Due to the way the fade in/out jscript code works, the blog title and tag line will disappear almost immediately. But here is a trick to keep the blog title over the header image. The way it is done is give the 'wrapper' a 'position: relative;' then use the %logo and position it.

1) Normally to cause the blog title to overlay the header image you go to ATO->Header Image->Overlay Blog TITLE over Header Image(s)? and set it to YES. (same thing for the tabline). In this case set it to 'NO'

2) Go to 'ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area', enter '%logo' right before %image.

3) go to 'ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Logo Image?' and blank it out.

4) go to 'ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Blog Title?' and set it to yes.

5) go to 'ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Blog Tagline?' and set it to yes.

6) finally add the following to ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
#wrapper {position: relative;}
table#logoarea {
    border-spacing: 0;
    left: 30px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 34px;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 99;
}
you will want to play with the numbers to get it where you want it.

And that's it! - Don't forget to thank Larry if you use this.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM.