Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Change Category page title

Old Aug 19, 2009, 06:28 PM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
I would like to change the page heading that says "Archive for the xxx category" to just say xxx. I looked for someplace with in the theme admin to do it and I don't see it. I also saw a reference to a line to change in the archive.php file but the Atahualpa theme doesn't appear to have that file?? It must be in there somewhere!! Can someone give me a hint as to what to do? THANKS!!
Sharon
Old Aug 20, 2009, 05:35 AM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
In ATO > Style and edit Center Column > Content Above the LOOP
you will find a line that reads

Code:
<?php /* If this is a category archive */ if (is_category()) { ?>
        <h2 class="pagetitle">Archive for<?php single_cat_title(); ?></h2>
(Or similar, I have changed mine, BTW)

Make it

Code:
<?php /* If this is a category archive */ if (is_category()) { ?>
        <h2 class="pagetitle"><?php single_cat_title(); ?></h2>
Or exchange 'Archive for' with your own words. You can also add a line break before the category name buy writing ' Archive for <br />'
Old Aug 20, 2009, 05:56 AM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks so much for answering! But ???? when I look at the 'Above the Loop' code I don't see that line!

This is what it says is the default code:

Code:
<?php /* For MULTI post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: */ bfa_next_previous_page_links('Top'); ?> 
<?php /* For SINGLE post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: */ bfa_next_previous_post_links('Top'); ?>  
<?php /* For the plugin Page2Cat http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page2cat/ */ if( is_category() AND function_exists('page2cat_output')) { page2cat_output($cat); } ?>

Help!!??
Old Aug 25, 2009, 05:53 PM
ernie334

4 posts · Jul 2009
Here's your answer:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...r+the+Category

I changed mine to
echo '<h2 class="pagetitle">Showing By ‘'.single_cat_title('',false).'’ Category</h2>';