Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Photo Gallery options

Old Sep 19, 2009, 06:22 AM
sheilahoff

6 posts · Sep 2009
I'm brand new to WP and happy to have found this GREAT theme and online support. I have several questions but will post each with unique subject line. I'm converting a site that uses Menalto's Gallery. I'm wondering which of the many plug-ins would be the best for setting up the photo galleries in the new blog? I saw that there's a Gallery Remote plug-in. It looks like that might import all the albums in tact which would be awesome. But I couldn't tell if it actually sets up a gallery or if I need something else for that. AND their website says they're no longer updating or supporting that plugin so I'm a little concerned about going that way.

Thanks for your help.
Sheila
Old Sep 20, 2009, 06:33 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
NextGen Gallery appears to be very popular. I have not really used (just tested) gallery plugins myself, maybe other users can chime in
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:57 PM
sheilahoff

6 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks Flynn. Since I know my way around Gallery and have one installed I think I'll try the WPG2 which will embed Gallery. I just discovered it and haven't tried it yet either.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 06:55 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
What do you mean, Gallery?

My daughter is managing a literary magazine site. She needs to somehow put PDFs or .jpgs of the print magazine's pages onto the site. I set her up with WP 2.8.4 and Atahualpa. I tried the Flipping Book plugin, but the images don't look good. Of course, I guess there is no way to display a PDF as-is; it has to be opened in a new window using the Adobe PDF reader. High-quality jpgs might do the trick.

I've used Next Gen Gallery, and it's fine, and easy to use. Featured Content Gallery has some nice effects, and pulls an image from designated posts.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:20 AM
sheilahoff

6 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks for your reply. By "gallery" I mean the open source tool called Gallery. Here's the install I'm working to transition to WP...
http://www.bonnietarses.com/gallery
I installed WP2G which is supposed to put the WP shell around the existing gallery. But it's not working for me yet. Haven't had time to troubleshoot it.

As for your PDFs... the way I'd handle that is to make a jpg thumbnail in Photoshop for each PDF.

sheila
Old Nov 4, 2009, 11:30 PM
padmajadav

1 posts · Nov 2009
Hi..
I want to integrate/hard code nextGen Gallery what should I do?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 08:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Download the plugin - activate it, read the developers documentation and and use it. If you have specific questions abot NextGen, post them on the developers forum.