Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] How to control readmore link visibiltiy

Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:24 AM
arteny

22 posts · Nov 2012
Russia, Voronezh
[SOLVED] How to control readmore link visibiltiy

Front page contains readmore link in footer for each post on front page.
But I don't want to see such link if post is fully displayed here already.
How can I hide readmore link in case when post doesn't contain <more> link?
Thanks for help!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
export your settings and attach them to a reply
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
arteny

22 posts · Nov 2012
Russia, Voronezh
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
export your settings and attach them to a reply
juggledad, they are here
Attached Files
File Type: txt montezuma_arteny_settings.txt (71.5 KB, 1020 views)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
by default the theme displays the posts as excerpts. If you don't want this you have to modify the postformat.php virtual template to change the line
HTML Code:
		<?php bfa_excerpt( 55, ' ...' ); ?>
to use the_content() instead - you can check the php you can use by pressing the 'Limited PHP code' tab at teh top right of the screen
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:24 AM
arteny

22 posts · Nov 2012
Russia, Voronezh
juggledad, i feel there is a some misunderstanding according my question.
as for bfa_excerpt - i am using it's own realization here (which uses get_the_content() in turn).
The question is about following part in post-footer (below bfa_excerpt):

<a class="post-readmore" href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title_attribute(); ?>">
<?php _e( 'read more &rarr;', 'montezuma' ); ?></a>

I don't want to show this link at all (it is default link "read more ->" shown for each post) in case when whole post already included in shown post text - it happens when post is enough short in itself.
So, what I need here - is to add condition to check is post content in itself contains 'more' link or not. If not, don't show post-readmore link. The problem is that I don't know how to get post content here to add it into a condition (something like $post->post_content?).
Anybody help please?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That code is in the postformat.php virtual template. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to currently be any way to have this show conditionally.