Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Will Atahualpa 3.7.7 work with the latest Wordpress (3.3.2)?

Old May 29, 2012, 08:05 AM
permutations

12 posts · May 2009
Will Atahualpa 3.7.7 work with the latest Wordpress (3.3.2)?

I'm running a really old version of Wordpress (2.8.4) with a really old version of Atahualpa (3.3.2). I want to bite the bullet and upgrade my Wordpress so I can install a plug-in that only works with the new version. But Atahualpa is working fine for me. I have it configured exactly as I want, and I don't want to make any changes. I really don't want to upgrade and risk breaking my settings. On the other hand, I REALLY don't want to upgrade Wordpress and break my entire blog because the theme I'm using is incompatible with the latest version of Wordpress. So I really need to know...

Is Atahualpa 3.3.2 compatible with Wordpress 3.7.7 (latest version)? It looks like the changes have all been enhancements and bug fixes that don't affect me, but I can't tell for sure.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 29, 2012, 08:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Wordpress is at 3.3.2
atahualpa is at 3.7.7
atahualpa 3.7.7 works with wp 3.3.2

Quote:
Is Atahualpa 3.3.2 compatible with Wordpress 3.3.2 (latest version)?
No
I would BACKUP EVERYTHING - database and files
Then switch to twenty-ten
upgrade wp to 3.3.2
check things out with twenty-ten
manually install atahualpa 3.7.7
switch to Atahualap 3.7.7 and check things out

if you are uncomfortable or don't understand this, you should hire someone to do it for you.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
permutations

12 posts · May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Wordpress is at 3.3.2
atahualpa is at 3.7.7
atahualpa 3.7.7 works with wp 3.3.2

No
I would BACKUP EVERYTHING - database and files
Then switch to twenty-ten
upgrade wp to 3.3.2
check things out with twenty-ten
manually install atahualpa 3.7.7
switch to Atahualap 3.7.7 and check things out

if you are uncomfortable or don't understand this, you should hire someone to do it for you.
I'm highly skilled with computers. I don't need to hire anyone to do this for me. I do need to know what you mean by "twenty-ten". Is that a version number?

Thank you!
Old May 29, 2012, 12:09 PM
permutations

12 posts · May 2009
Somebody please tell me what "twenty-ten" is? I'm a PHP programmer. If I knew what "twenty-ten" was, I'm sure I could handle this upgrade on my own.

Please, somebody. Program names and version numbers??

Thank you.
Old May 29, 2012, 12:16 PM
permutations

12 posts · May 2009
Apparently "twenty-ten" refers to some sort of theme. Still searching to figure out what and where. A teeny bit more explanation would have been a big time saver.

Thanks.
Old May 29, 2012, 01:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Twenty Ten is one of the default WordPress themes. Twenty Eleven is installed by default with newer versions of WordPress.