Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

WordPress 3 compatibility for 'custom menus'

Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:26 PM
peterluit

5 posts · Jun 2010
Netherlands
Send a message via AIM to peterluit Send a message via Skype™ to peterluit
WordPress 3 compatibility for 'custom menus'

I saw these instructions (http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/...ss-3-0-themes/) on how to enable ‘custom menus’ in existing themes. Can anyone tell me where to put the second part of the code in order to work with ‘custom menus’ in Atahualpa?

1: add_theme_support( 'nav-menus' );

2: <?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'sort_column' => 'menu_order', 'container_class' => 'menu-header' ) ); ?>

Thanks,

Peter Luit
Old Jun 18, 2010, 02:49 AM
Knut Sparhell

34 posts · Jun 2010
Fredrikstad, Norway
That would be in either functions/bfa_header_config.php or functions/bfa_hor_pages.php, but it's not that simple. Yiu can not just incect this code and make it work, at least not nice.

This menu, if displayed at all, will not be styled correctly according to Atahualpa. And if no menu is created and referenced in the arguments, then a page menu will appear. And there is no argument sort_column as determining the order is done in the WordPress Menu page.

It didn't quite work for me in my little test, but this may be a start if you really can't wait.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa 3.5.1 does not support the new menus you can create with WordPress 3.0. If you want to use the new menus, you will have to provide ALL the CSS to style them yourself. Hopefully a future release will support the new menus of WordPress 3.0

I've added this as an RFE to http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7312
Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:08 PM
videocp

1 posts · Jun 2010
Atahualpa is my preferred template and the template I install of all of my clients. I really would like to see the custom menu feature added too. Keeping Atahualpa just one more step ahead of them all as far as I'm concerned.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 03:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa 3.5.3 supports the new menus
Old Oct 2, 2010, 11:00 PM
LizM

7 posts · Sep 2010
Boston area
Send a message via AIM to LizM
I think this is my issue too. I've created a menu2 in Wordpress 3 (Appearance->menus) consisting of just links, not categories. It simply doesn't appear on the page. I have also installed the bugfix for bfa_new_wp3_menus.php.

Is there CSS I can add that would make it appear, or is it more complex than that? I could hardcode it all into the header php no doubt, but that would be inelegant if there is a fix that plays nice with the Wordpress interface and Atahualpa 3.5.3.

That and, it'd be good to be able to specify WHERE it goes

Thanks to anyone who can help!