Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How to move 'Leave a reply' box above the comments.

Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:57 PM
tikijj

8 posts · Jul 2011
Hello all,

Atahualpa by default displays the comments first and the 'Leave a reply' text box is positioned all the way at the bottom.

I wanted to know if it is possible to switch their position, so readers can leave a comment without having to scroll all the way down when there are several comments already.

To give you an example, check out one the posts on engadget, post, as you can see the reply text box is on top of the comments making it convenient to leave comments.

Is there a way that I can flip their position?
If not, would there be a way for me to put a 'Leave a reply' button or hyperlinked text that would directly take the user to the reply text area?

Thank you for your help.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 01:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can try editing comments.php and moving the call to comment_form to before where the comments are listed.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 09:49 AM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
I moved this line and everything after it:

<?php
// Since 3.6.1: Configuring the new comment_form() function,

to right above this line:

<!-- Comment List -->
<ul class="commentlist">

And it seems to have put the comment form first and comments below it.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:07 AM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
Disregard above...found out it deletes the form entirely off of new posts without any previous comments.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 01:04 PM
tikijj

8 posts · Jul 2011
Thank you juggledad and Big Geek Daddy. I guess I'll just have to test it to see there's a way to achieve what I'm trying to get done. By the way BGD, thanks for trying it out. I'll update the thread if I find out anything useful.