Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Adjusting margins for one specific page?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:43 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
[SOLVED] Adjusting margins for one specific page?

Hey guys - brand new ATA & WP install:

http://agepureathletics.com/test/

I've got this set up for a different layout on the home page (page-id-6). So things like removing the headline, etc, are fine: body.page-id-6 .post-headline {display: none;} - works fine. However, the three content boxes and headlines should be in one line - the padding or margin is making them jump to 2 lines. You can see there's 10px or so padding on the left.

I have the center column set up for 10px margin on the left via the post-container controls - I'll need that margin for the other pages. But I need no padding or margins on the home page (ID 6). I can't shut it off for one page either in post container or center column.

I've tried a lot of stuff via firefox. It seems like the selector I need to override is either "post-bodycopy" or td ID "middle". I've tried a lot of variants - I'm guessing my problem is I can't find the proper way to address that td.

"body.page-id-6 .post-bodycopy " works - (I added background #ccc in testing to make sure and the BG did change), but that selector doesn't seem to control the margins/padding. If it's that one TD, I don't know the proper syntax when including a page ID - can't find an example anywhere. basically need to say via CSS, on "page ID 6, no margins or padding left/right on the center column". (And I REALLY firebugged & searched!!)

I've also got a weird thing - if you roll over the "about us" page link, you see the drop down pages. I have them set for a graphic BG and a rule below. but the rule only appears when rolling over the child page link. Seems odd to me, but I'm not totally 2nd nature with CSS.

Thanks for any help - I'll buy someone a cocktail for this one!!!

Code I have in inserts right now for the margins issue:

HTML Code:
#middle td.page-id-6 {padding: 0px 0px 10px 0px; !important;
margin-left:0px !important;
margin-right:0px !important;
background: #ccc !important; }

body.page-id-6 .post-bodycopy {
margin-right:0px !important;
margin-left:0px !important; }

Last edited by mcphoto; Jan 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo