Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Adding New Fonts?

Old Nov 26, 2009, 09:20 AM
DannyLife

40 posts · Nov 2009
Adding New Fonts?

Hi, first off.. amazing theme, Im fairly new to all this and finding this theme was honestly inspiring, allowing me to make my blogs look exactly how I want them is extremely fulfilling.

Now, I see that I can change the font family for multiple areas of the theme, but Im a bit of a newbie to this so I have two questions...

1. Which font families are actually available to use for the theme? Is there a list of them anywhere so I know what to enter to change it to my desired font?

2. I have a number of custom fonts that I use for Photoshop etc. Is there a way to upload these and use them with this theme?

Ive had a search round but couldnt find an answer so far, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Danny.L
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
For the most part, the fonts reside on teh viewers computer. Do a web search on 'web safe fonts' and you can read all about it. this isn't a wordpress or Atahualpa issue, it's a web issue
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:35 AM
DannyLife

40 posts · Nov 2009
Ah, that looks like it will work fine. Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:58 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There is a plugin called AnyFont that lets you use TrueType and OpenType fonts. I have used it with success. I have not tried this with ATA so I am not sure it will work especially in regards to the item mentioned in the FAQ but I'm going to give it a try.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 05:14 PM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hi.
I'm tryong the Anyfont plugin and it works but; before every newly generated image of an headline I see these two caracters; ">
I think it's a atahualpa thingy cause on other themes it doesn't show.

Any suggestions?

With regards,
Sakshin.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 05:37 PM
Sakshin

66 posts · Aug 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I found some info in the FAQ here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/anyfont/faq/

But in the index file I cannot find the lines they are referring to. Like:

After enabling the post title replace option on the settings page, all my post titles start with a "> why??

This is quite a common error in themes, but quick and easy to fix, open up your theme's index.php file, look for a line that looks similar to the following:

<h2 class="posttitle"><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

The problem lies in the title attribute, it should read:

"Permanent Link to <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"

Can you please tell me where I can find these lines?

Thanx, Sakshin