Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Images in header area and widget text area don't display 3.6.4

Old Mar 28, 2011, 02:44 PM
arthurmild

50 posts · Aug 2010
Cape Town
Hello,

I have an image below my %pages% code in the Header Area

Also some image rollovers in a WP text area sidebar widget

After installing the following plug ins:

contact form 7
widget logic

1. The images no longer display (they are being found as the "alt" text is displayed)

2. ATO options editable areas shrink to a single line

I have experience 2 before and it is discussed here

But why are the images no longer displaying - ?

(The ATO header image displays, as do images inserted into pages - the missing images are all in a seperate directory = wp-content/stephen/)

And the solution ? I need the plug ins...

So do I need to revert back to my good ol' 3.4.9 for this site or is there something else I can do ?

Here is a link to the site currently showing no images
Old Mar 28, 2011, 03:30 PM
arthurmild

50 posts · Aug 2010
Cape Town
Update:

I removed - (not deactivated) - all plug ins - Problem remained

Then I remembered I had tried out a 'custom setting' in WP Settings > Permalinks

So I restored this to 'default' and my images returned and ATO 'single line' issue disappeared.

I then re-installed the previously removed plug-ins. - All still OK

So on the face of it - we are all set...

But why would this have occurred I wonder ?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 03:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you make a change to the 'permalinks' what happens is that WordPress attempts to change the '.htaccess' file. If you are not allowed to change that file or there is a conflict with another version of the file in a higher folder, you can run into problems.

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 28, 2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 04:16 PM
arthurmild

50 posts · Aug 2010
Cape Town
Hmm... I see.

So what is the best way (now) - after having built the site - to get WP to change my page URLs to search-engine freindly ones?

(Assuming I can't mess around with permalinks ? )

With hindsight, I should have done this first perhaps...
Old Mar 28, 2011, 07:56 PM
arthurmild

50 posts · Aug 2010
Cape Town
Thanks !

This is definitely a very useful tip.