Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Small bug in comments.php

Old Oct 19, 2009, 02:29 AM
VesaT

534 posts · Oct 2009
Helsinki, Finland
Hi,

I'm maintaining a multinlingual website (www.tiirikaine.fi), with Finnish as default (newest versions of WP & Atahualpa not fully translated into Finnish.

If have come across a small bug which appears in the comment form. Text relating to e-mail seems not translate e.g. into Finnish - other texts do. I haven't had a look whether this is a php coding problem (hard-coded) or if the text is omitted from the .po -file.
See the excerpt from "comments.php":
<input class="text email" type="text" name="email" id="email" value="<?php echo $comment_author_email; ?>" size="30" tabindex="2" />&nbsp;
<label for="<?php _e('email','atahualpa'); ?>"> <strong>
<?php _e('Mail</strong> (will not be published) ','atahualpa');
if ($req) _e('(required)','atahualpa'); ?></label>
</p>

<p>
<input class="text url" type="text" name="url" id="url" value="<?php echo $comment_author_url; ?>" size="30" tabindex="3" />&nbsp;
<label for="<?php _e('url','atahualpa'); ?>">
<?php _e('Website','atahualpa'); ?></label>
</p>

I also would like to have a possibility to omit "website" box totally from the comment form; easy done with hard-coding.

Hope the development team finds ways to fix these soonest!

Regards,
Vesa
Old Oct 20, 2009, 04:06 AM
VesaT

534 posts · Oct 2009
Helsinki, Finland
Hi again,

it seems indeed a php programming bug as the Finnish translation file is ok.

I had a look at the php code, and found out the <strong> </strong> tags somehow mess up the function. Removing these from the comments.php results in proper translation (have a look at http://www.visualmanagement.net/?p=1428), php code is currently as follows:
---------------- <p>
<input class="text email" type="text" name="email" id="email" value="<?php echo $comment_author_email; ?>" size="30" tabindex="2" />&nbsp;
<label for="<?php _e('email','atahualpa'); ?>">
<?php _e('Mail (will not be published) ','atahualpa');
</p>
------------

Previously this part of code (current Atahualpa release) is as follows:
-------------------
<p>
<label for="<?php _e('email','atahualpa'); ?>"> <strong>
<?php _e('Mail</strong> (will not be published) ','atahualpa');
</p>

-------------------

I have no time at work to play with this to also get "Mail" showing in bold, but seems to work otherwise ok. Anyone with more time, please make changes to comments.php for the next release of Atahualpa.

Regards,
Vesa