Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa, WP Super Cache and WP Post-ratings

Old Jan 19, 2011, 04:21 AM
seboush

13 posts · Jul 2009
Hello,

I am trying to get Wp Super Cache & WP Post-ratings to work together. I have found a thread on WP post-ratings (http://forums.lesterchan.net/index.p...ic,4281.0.html) saying:

Replace your normal <?php the_rating() ?> function in your theme for <?php get_rating_ajax ($post->ID) ?>

I cannot find <?php the_rating() ?> in Atahualpa's files. The only thing I have found is in bfa_postinfo.php:

// For the "WP-PostRatings" plugin
if ( strpos($postinfo_string,'%wp-postratings%') !== FALSE ) {
$wp_postratings = ( function_exists('the_ratings') ?
the_ratings($start_tag = 'span', $custom_id = 0, $display = FALSE) : "" );
$postinfo = str_replace("%wp-postratings%", $wp_postratings, $postinfo);
}

But I cannot figure how to insert the above modification.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 05:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
As you can see from his page, WP Post-ratings is no longer supported or being updated. The instructions are almost a year and a half old. My suggestion would be to look for another rating plugin that is being actively being developed.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 06:54 AM
seboush

13 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, changing the plugin would also erase all the history of all votes... So I would like to keep the same plugin even if it's not updated. Also it's been working fine so far with a nice config screen in Wordpress admin.

If you could help me about where to insert this line of code, I would be more than happy!

Thanks,
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well that's where you would insert it. the WordPress function 'the_ratings()' has several variables that can be passed to it. Since the plugin is changing that function for another, you are going to have to play with it or examine the plugins code to see what it is doing.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:52 AM
seboush

13 posts · Jul 2009
If someone is interested, in file bfa_postinfo.php, I have replaced:

$wp_postratings = ( function_exists('the_ratings') ?

by

$wp_postratings = ( function_exists('get_rating_ajax') ?

and now WP Post-ratings works fine with WP Super Cache.