Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Left alignment of image in page not correct... and how to overlay title

Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:09 PM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
On this page: http://www.catalystsatwork.com/working-with-groups/ I am trying to align a picture to the left. As you can see it is just not quite right. There's a small margin on the left which causes it to overlap the sidebar on the right.

Could anyone thrown any light on how I achieve this?

Once I've got this fixed, I want to overlay the title text in a controlled manner over the image - having the ability to play with its position and layout ideally.

Can anyone help on that score too?

Huge thanks...
Graham
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use a code inspector and examine the image and it's parent elements and check out their CSS. shut some things off till you see what is causing it.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:28 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks - it was the padding of the centre column, which I'd somehow missed. My apologies for wasting your time on that one.

Don't suppose you have any idea how to overlay the title on the image at the top of the post?

Best wishes, Graham
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:16 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamW
Don't suppose you have any idea how to overlay the title on the image at the top of the post?
Just target the title of that post and use absolute positioning.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:57 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Just target the title of that post and use absolute positioning.
Sorry, Larry - can you explain 'target' and how to absolute position? I'm afraid it's not something I've come across before.

Thanks
Graham
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:39 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Scrub that. Thanks for the advice - but don't worry, I've found a work around that is better for my purposes by adding text to the images themselves.

The only problem remaining is that there's still some space above the image and below the menu. (http://www.catalystsatwork.com/) I've tried several suggestions in other threads, reducing padding etc, but still can't seem to get rid of it. If you have a moment to check that would be great, but I'll keep researching.

Best wishes
Graham
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
The only problem remaining is that there's still some space above the image and below the menu. (http://www.catalystsatwork.com/) I've tried several suggestions in other threads, reducing padding etc, but still can't seem to get rid of it. If you have a moment to check that would be great, but I'll keep researching.
have you used the code examiner (firebug) to look at that section and elements that preceed it?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:30 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Yes, I still can't see what's causing the problem. This is a snapshot of the code:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80316359/CaptureCAW1.JPG

I was wondering if it was the same as this: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=18838
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
One way to get rid of that space is to use the following the CSS INserts box.
HTML Code:
#middle .page {
    margin-top: -28px;
}
This assumes you will always have an image at the top of all pages. If you didn't have an image and just used the page title it would probably be squashed at the top.

Speaking of squashed. On the facilitators page you are using a vertical image and it is getting distorted.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:22 PM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Larry - I don't know when you became a super-hero, but you certainly keep affirming it! Thank you VERY much.

As it's extremely unlikely that we shall ever meet in the real world, and I don't know what your tipple is, the cost of a cheap bottle of Red wine or a couple of UK pounds of carrots have been added to your storehouse.

Best wishes, Graham

PS I promise to keep quiet for a few hours now!