Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Can't get rid of comment box on product pages wp-e-commerce

Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:58 PM
Harald

72 posts · Mar 2010
Can't get rid of comment box on product pages wp-e-commerce

I have a problem regarding comment box on all single product pages with wp-e-commerce. I have disabled comments in settings and no comment box is present on "normal" pages, but on all single productpages. The other thing is that I can't turn comments off individually either because the is no checkbox for on the wp-e-commerce generated pages. I don't know what to do.

I use:
Wordpress 3.4.1
Atahualpa 3.7.7
wp-e-commerce 3.8.8.5

and this is a link to a product page http://www.aferdsjo.se/?wpsc-product=KTA-XE667K2-4G

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to solve this.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 05:25 PM
dwsproduction

5 posts · Nov 2013
This one stumped me for a while too. Even upgrading to the correct WP e-commerce version that supposedly fixed this, removing out the comments code for the theme had no effect.

But I did find a solution for my particular problem (characterised by some products having a comments box and some not):

Try editing the actual product, go down to Advanced Settings, and right at the bottom of this section use the dropdown menu under Enable Comments and change it to No.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 09:58 PM
dwsproduction

5 posts · Nov 2013
[solved] WP e-Commerce - Single products showing comments box

After I upgraded WP e-Commerce 3.8.7.6.2 to 3.8.14.1 all the comment boxes reappeared, and there was no option in each product to turn the comments back off.

Here are two solutions I found;

1. On each product edit page, Under Product Details go to Metadata and add a new item;
Name: comments
Value: no

Click save. Done.

Of course this is not going to be a quick job if you have a lot of products.

2. In the theme settings add this custom CSS;
.single-wpsc-product #respond {
display: none;
}

This hides all the comment boxes from display on all single product pages. Since the form is merely hidden, auto spam bots will still be able to access it, in which case you'll need to install some kind of comment spam blocker.

If anyone else has encountered this, and has a different solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Michael

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 7, 2014 at 03:01 AM.