Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Extra background image by the sidebar

Old Nov 15, 2009, 02:33 AM
id2d

8 posts · Sep 2009
Hi

If you look at this template, you see that the central body seems to be raised slightly and leave a shadow on the back ground image - because of this image repeating the entire length of the page on the left, and a similar one on the right.

Can anyone tell me how I would put this effect into Atahualpa?

thanks
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:04 AM
id2d

8 posts · Sep 2009
Not possible?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
only suggestion I would give is make teh second image the background of the center column. You may have an issue positioning it properly.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:47 PM
id2d

8 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks.
But that won't go up to all the way to the top, through the bars and the header image.

I can think of a way to do what I want a slightly different way -
Is it possible with Atahualpa to have 2 background images 1 above the other? -
One at the top of the page and one underneath repeating to the bottom?

Or even one that repeats the entire length of the page top to bottom and a second image that layers over it at the top only?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 01:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the center column stops at the header. The page is broken into
HEADER AREA
MIDDLE AREA - which can have LEFT, LEFT-INNER, CENTER, RIGHT-INNET, RIGHT areas
FOOTER AREA

as for two background images...nope (this not an Atahualpa issue, it's HTML/CSS) which would be which. A background covers the background so the second one would cover the first.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 02:37 PM
id2d

8 posts · Sep 2009
Hi
Thanks for explaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
... A background covers the background so the second one would cover the first.
But what about a backgound image that repeats top to the bottom, and then the second small background image that goes on top at the top but does not repeat?

I tied this but it seemed that the second backgound stopped the 1st one appearing at all rather than layering on top.

thanks
Old Nov 17, 2009, 02:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
CSS background-repeat Property: Definition and Usage

The background-repeat property sets if/how a background image will be repeated.
By default, a background-image is repeated both vertically and horizontally.
when I said:
Quote:
A background covers the background so the second one would cover the first.
I implied (and should have finished the statement with) 'so the first one would nevr be seen since it is covered. CSS always used the last rule for a given selector.

.body {background: url(a.jpg);}
.body {background: url(b.jpg);}
will cause 'b.jpg' to be used for the background, since it is the last rule for the selector '.body'
Old Nov 18, 2009, 03:38 AM
id2d

8 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
when I said:

I implied (and should have finished the statement with) 'so the first one would nevr be seen since it is covered. CSS always used the last rule for a given selector.

.body {background: url(a.jpg);}
.body {background: url(b.jpg);}
will cause 'b.jpg' to be used for the background, since it is the last rule for the selector '.body'
Thanks for explaining