Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] CSS to remove ALL animated icons?

Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:31 AM
flippertie

5 posts · Feb 2013
[SOLVED] CSS to remove ALL animated icons?

Is there a simple way to hide all the animated icons in this theme? I'd like to remove the Star icons above the menu and the ones from the headers in the sidebar.

I've searched this forum and found multiple threads about changing the icons and creating your own sprites etc, but none about removing them completely.

I've installed firebug for firefox and had a look at this site's CSS http://mat-psychologonline.pl/. I've got as far as working out that it's to do with hiding the <i> element - but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Any pointers would be appreciated!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
is there one statement that will shut them all of...no because different css selectors are used.

just go thru with firebug and find each peice of CSS that puts them out - as you have found it is on the <i> - and add to that CSS a 'display: none;' - you could lump all the CSS together and put it at the end of the 'clearfix.css' so ou will know it is applied last.

And if you want to help others, you could post all teh code that was needed.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:08 PM
flippertie

5 posts · Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad

And if you want to help others, you could post all teh code that was needed.
Funnily enough that's what I came back here to do
In the wordpress dashboard, under Appearance>> Edit CSS I entered the following which removed the icons over the menu, and in the sidebar.

Code:
/* hide moving icons */
#menu1 > li > a > i {
	display: none;
}

.widget > h3 i {
	display: none;
}
And if i knew how to mark this thread as [solved] i would...

Last edited by flippertie; Feb 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:42 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by flippertie
Is there a simple way to hide all the animated icons in this theme
Go to dashboard > appearance > mz options > css settings > insert <i> for icons. Delete or comment out anywhere you don't want icons to appear.