Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Upgrade to WP 3.9.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.15, page disintegrates in IE

Old May 28, 2014, 11:51 AM
brita70

4 posts · May 2014
Vienna
Hi there,
for all those out there who just love Internet Explorer: After I - manually - upgraded both the theme and WP to the latest version, my charity's site doesn't seem to show in IE.
I haven't yet been able to test it myself (no IE), but the descriptions say it shows at first, and then the center column goes blank, as seemingly everything else after a few seconds.

Please help! My URL: www.phaseaustria.org

I did notice that the header image has some problems in Firefox as well, it doesn't seem to rotate through in a stable way, and sometimes goes blank - but I wouldn't really care about that if I didn't have the IE issue ... but it might point you to a solution.

Thank you so much!
Brita
Old May 28, 2014, 12:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First go. To the configure header, center and footer area and press the SAVE button at the bottom and test it again
Old May 28, 2014, 01:14 PM
brita70

4 posts · May 2014
Vienna
That's what I did, and now it works fine in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer - I had a friend test it for me.
Old May 28, 2014, 01:15 PM
brita70

4 posts · May 2014
Vienna
I now also have asked for a detailed description: The page displays for about a second or so, and then the center column goes blank, on all pages.
Old May 28, 2014, 01:25 PM
brita70

4 posts · May 2014
Vienna
Ok, a friend of mine found a solution:

insert the following in header.php before the </head> tag:

<!--[if lt IE 9]>
<script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/html5shiv/3.6.2/html5shiv.js"></script>
<script src="//s3.amazonaws.com/nwapi/nwmatcher/nwmatcher-1.2.5-min.js"></script>
<script src="//html5base.googlecode.com/svn-history/r38/trunk/js/selectivizr-1.0.3b.js"></script>
<script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/respond.js/1.1.0/respond.min.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

and everything works fine ....
Thanks anyway!!!
Old May 28, 2014, 03:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You might be better off adding that to ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Header
that way you won't have to add it back in the next time you do an update.