Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Right aligned menu sub-page dropdown alignment problems

Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:48 AM
gideon@stufftodo.co.za

2 posts · Oct 2009
when I set %page-right in ATO-Style and edit Header Area, my drop down menus go out of wack and drop down/fly-out to the left making my sub page navigation unusable.

any help out there?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:52 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If the menu is aligned right the fly out submenus are supposed to fly out to the left. If that is not what you meant post a URL please
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:49 PM
joshsweiss

36 posts · Feb 2010
Is there any way to reverse this? Seems a bit unintuitive to have the menus fly to the left - since the brain reads right ot left in English.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers
Josh
Old Apr 1, 2010, 05:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the reason (I believe) that they fly out to the right is that if the last menu item has sub menus, they could end up displaying off the page.

if you want to change it you can try this, edit bfa_header_config.php and go to line 14 (version 3.4.6) which should be
HTML Code:
		$page_menu_bar .= '<ul id="rmenu2" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu-hRight rMenu">' . "\n";
and remove teh rMenu-hRight
Old May 11, 2011, 08:42 PM
seaphorm

1 posts · May 2011
after a bit of googling... this thread seems to be the only one i can find dealing with this issue...

but the version the answer applies to is now out of date...

i've managed to figure out how to change the text alignment in the most recent version... but what i really want is to change the fly out alignment the same way the original thread poster does...

i.e. on a right aligned menu, i want the drop down to be aligned to the left (and fly out to the right)

any ideas?
Old May 12, 2011, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
post a url showing the issue
Old Aug 19, 2011, 02:47 PM
topdown5_0

7 posts · Aug 2011
Good day:

I too have this problem, pages menu aligned to the right, sub menus, fly out to the left, which are not well aligned and disappear before you can click them. For some reason, the sub menu is not horizontally aligned with the menu item, but one below, so as you try and move your mouse to click the menu, you move off the menu and it disappears. so, I am looking to either move to the right (the fly out) or keep it on the left but fix the vertical alignment, so it actually is clickable.

Running Atahualpa 3.6 with WP 3.2.1 using build-in WP menu functionality.

Any help in this matter is very much appreciated..been searching for days now. :-) Thanks!

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	menu_fly_out.gif
Views:	1455
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1494  
Old May 28, 2012, 01:13 PM
rhpdx

56 posts · Jun 2011
Where in the header php do I need to alter to get the flyout to the right, on a right justified menu in 3.6.7?
Old May 28, 2012, 01:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see post #4 and search for that line
Old May 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
rhpdx

56 posts · Jun 2011
I used Ctrl+F to search for that string in the bfe_header_config.php and it didn't come up with that string of text.
Old May 28, 2012, 03:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In 3.7.7 it is line 36 but it has changed to an 'echo...'
Old May 29, 2012, 10:04 AM
rhpdx

56 posts · Jun 2011
Thank you for your help. Sadly, I found and removed that snippet but it did not appear to change anything. http://fusionmr.com/
Old May 29, 2012, 02:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it looks like it flys out to the right to me
Old Jun 2, 2012, 02:34 AM
vandermark

15 posts · Jun 2012
I have the same problem: www.bartvandermark.nl where I have aligned the menu to the right. The submenu's (INFO & FOTO'S) are aligned to the left which is confusing.

Juggledad, the website http://fusionmr.com/ the submenus are still aligned tot the left right? We want the submenus to align to the right.

I am also confused by your solution: we want the submenu to align to the right and you tell us to remove 'rMenu-hRight'. How can that help to align currentely left-aligned submenus to the right?

Edit: I executed your solution which resulted in left-alignment of my complete menu: the whole menu was left-aligned which is not what I want. Can you look into it?

Last edited by vandermark; Jun 2, 2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 04:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
To have the TEXT aligned to the right instead of the left, try this in the CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.sfhover {
     text-align: right;
    }

Last edited by lmilesw; Jun 2, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 05:21 AM
vandermark

15 posts · Jun 2012
Thanks for your quick and accurate reply: it works!