Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Updating: side by side or overwrite?

Old Feb 1, 2011, 09:59 AM
wadams92101

46 posts · May 2010
[SOLVED] Updating: side by side or overwrite?

Thank you for the new version. This theme is standing the test of time on my site. I've been using FTP to update. I simply install the new atahualpa version under wp-content/themes, side by side with the previous version. As a result, I have reconfigure all header images, logo, widgets, etc. I have been unable to use the built-in WP theme uploader. I have a couple of questions:

1) Can I update by renaming my Atahualpa folders by removing the version number, then simply overwriting the previous folder, without losing my settings, images, logos, etc.? Would this reuse my configuration?

2) Should I be able to update by using the built-in WP theme uploader? Would this save my configuration?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see the FAQ HOWTO: upgrade Atahualpa to a new version
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:15 AM
wadams92101

46 posts · May 2010
thank you. That answers my question, and more.