Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Fixing page width?

Old May 17, 2009, 02:57 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Hello,

I have searched and cannot find an answer and I am not sure where I should post this.

I developed my new website on a medium sized notebook, but now when I view it on wider/larger computer screens I do not like how the entire page will widen to meet the edges of the screen.

How can I fix the width? Can I place a different/new background image for the overflow area? What is a good dimension to restrict the page?

Thank you!
Old May 17, 2009, 04:04 PM
Gill_R

4 posts · May 2009
Hi,

I think what you need to do is go the Theme Options -> layout, and look at "Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED)" where you can choose a fixed, rather than a fluid, width.

You can change the _colour_ of the background that will be seen easily enough in Body, Text & Links - look in the box to set padding and change the value in "background: #ffffff;"

I've seen posts on the forum that describe how to use an image for the background, you could try a search here for that?
Old May 20, 2009, 08:15 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Thank you for posting, I was able to constrain the layout to the exact width I wanted.

When I change the background in Body, Text & Links however, the background bleeds through to my sidebars and centre column so I am now trying to figure out how to fix that.
Old May 21, 2009, 05:04 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This is because those other areas have no background color yet. There is a place for each layout area in the theme options where you can set a background color.
Old May 22, 2009, 11:41 AM
CDT

11 posts · May 2009
Province of Quebec, Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to CDT
Many thanks Gill_R ! I had the same problem than Wimbledon and for the past 5 days was searching for an answer !

Boy I am happy now. :-)

You made my day !

All the best.
Old May 22, 2009, 02:44 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Ah, thanks so much Flynn.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:23 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
This is because those other areas have no background color yet. There is a place for each layout area in the theme options where you can set a background color.
I have found where to change the background for all areas except for the areas to the left and right of the page menu bar. This is stopping me from changing the background color for my site.

I posted a thread in the appropriate forum to ask my question with more detail:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1776