Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Different sidebar and/or widgets for different pages

Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:04 PM
jszei

3 posts · Jul 2009
I would like the content in my sidebars from each page to be different than the main page. In other words I would like to control what content, widgets, whatever appears on each page and have them independent of the other pages in my WP blog. Would someone please point me in the right direction or offer assistance?

Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:15 PM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-context/

I used an earlier version of this plugin to do what you want and had a problem with it (don't remember the specifics).

If this works for you please come back here and let me know and I will try it again on my sites.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:32 PM
jszei

3 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushtool
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/widget-context/

I used an earlier version of this plugin to do what you want and had a problem with it (don't remember the specifics).

If this works for you please come back here and let me know and I will try it again on my sites.
Perfect, thank you. With a little research and testing I got it to work. The documentation is non-existent. To get it to work for single pages, as I described in my original post, you must select the "Single Page" radio button on the left then in the "target by URL" box on the right put in your exact page permalink path. So, for example if you installed Atahualpa in the directory "blog" your path would be http://domainname/blog/pagename. Enter "blog/pagename" in the box. Or, if you want the widget to appear on all the pages under that page type "blog/pagename/*". Permalinks can be ugly so check the format of yours and make it "pretty" if you want it clean.