Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.5.1 released

Old May 27, 2010, 12:39 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
New in 3.5.1: Smooth animation for menu bars (optional)

See http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=92

Bug fixes: Admin pages were not reloaded after "Delete bfa_ata4" button was clicked.

Bugs in 3.5.1:
  • In IE the animated menus don't align properly. This will be fixed in the next version and expanded with options to choose different effects etc. Until then it's probably better to leave this turned off

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 6, 2010 at 04:44 AM.
Old May 27, 2010, 03:50 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I have 3.5.1 installed on a test site. I'm not seeing what you mean by Javascript animation for the page menu bar. I have it enabled, but what's supposed to happen?

http://profilet.com

I love how easy it is to use the fade transition for the header images.

The login/welcome page seems to be added to the page menu bar by default. I'd rather not have it there. I don't see a way to turn it off in the options.
Old May 27, 2010, 03:55 PM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
I have 3.5.1 installed on a test site. I'm not seeing what you mean by Javascript animation for the page menu bar. I have it enabled, but what's supposed to happen?

The login/welcome page seems to be added to the page menu bar by default. I'd rather not have it there. I don't see a way to turn it off in the options.
Same issue. I love the faded header images too!
Old May 27, 2010, 04:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you have two or more sub pages or sub categories you will see an animation effect.

Quote:

Old May 27, 2010, 04:19 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Ah. I see it now.

Flynn, I have a client site running 3.4.4 now. Do you foresee any problems switching from 3.4.4 directly to 3.5.1? I know the client would love the fading header images.
Old May 27, 2010, 09:11 PM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
If you have two or more sub pages or sub categories you will see an animation effect.
Still not seeing it.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:04 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Ah. I see it now.

Flynn, I have a client site running 3.4.4 now. Do you foresee any problems switching from 3.4.4 directly to 3.5.1? I know the client would love the fading header images.
Should work, and you can alwys keep the 3.4.4 around to switch back, just in case
Old May 28, 2010, 12:04 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal
Still not seeing it.
You also would have to turn it on in the theme options, for both page and menu bars separately
Old May 28, 2010, 03:02 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
All looks good and it is indeed an important upgrade (especially the import/export, plus the look is much cleaner).

One negative feedback is the removal of the "suppress page title" option on Edit pages and posts. It's possible to use the ata_header custom field (although with some research to find the exact syntax) but Wordpress won't allow a blank field in there. One has to edit php theme files which is difficult for newbies.
Old May 28, 2010, 04:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
everyman - go to ATO->Configure SEO->NEW Use Post / Page Options? - it is turned off by default - turning it on gives you back the 'Atahualpa Post Options' and the "suppress page title" option
Old May 28, 2010, 04:29 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
everyman - go to ATO->Configure SEO->NEW Use Post / Page Options? - it is turned off by default - turning it on gives you back the 'Atahualpa Post Options' and the "suppress page title" option
Ah... thanks Juggledad!
Old May 28, 2010, 05:53 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
You also would have to turn it on in the theme options, for both page and menu bars separately
I have "Animate Page Menu Bar" turned on to YES. I still dont see a difference. And or some reason the menus do not even appear in FireFox.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what the url? do you have subpages?
Old May 28, 2010, 06:31 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
JD, is this what the page menu animation is supposed to look like? http://profilet.com/

I put sub and sub-sub pages under About this site.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:32 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
what the url? do you have subpages?
Yep! I have subpages. I've been struggling with these menus for a while now. I was hoping 3.5.1 would help.
http://www.mjrgrp.com/demo/atec/
Old May 28, 2010, 06:34 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
JD, is this what the page menu animation is supposed to look like? http://profilet.com/

I put sub and sub-sub pages under About this site.
They look great! I must be missing something (a brain perhaps) because I can't seem to get it to work on my test site.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:37 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks. I didn't do any styling, just what's there out of the box. I don't see a page menu at all on the demo site. Is it included in your header area configuration?
Old May 28, 2010, 06:46 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
Thanks. I didn't do any styling, just what's there out of the box. I don't see a page menu at all on the demo site. Is it included in your header area configuration?
I haven't played with the styles yet. I like the rounded menus.

For some reason my menu is not showing up in FireFox
Old May 28, 2010, 06:50 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Without seeing your dashboard, it's hard to imagine what the problem is. If you want, I can take a look if you PM me your dashboard login info.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
kal... I think it has something to do with your Frontpage Slideshow plugin. In EI the menu shows but the slideshow doesn't. Maybe you should try another slideshow plugin. I have heard that Smooth Slider works well.
Old May 28, 2010, 07:05 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
kal... I think it has something to do with your Frontpage Slideshow plugin. In EI the menu shows but the slideshow doesn't. Maybe you should try another slideshow plugin. I have heard that Smooth Slider works well.
Yeah, I am not liking that plugin lately. It is becoming more hassle than it is worth. Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out. I also like cu3er.
Old May 28, 2010, 07:18 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Cu3er is pretty cool. Let us know when you have something working. I, for one, would like to see the results.
Old May 28, 2010, 07:22 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
Cu3er is pretty cool. Let us know when you have something working. I, for one, would like to see the results.
I have cu3r working on another site. But its not using the Atahualpa theme. www.mjrgrp.com. I haven't converted this site to Atahualpa yet.

I just loaded Smooth Slider, but I guess it is not widget ready.
Old May 28, 2010, 07:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
There is a line of code that causes the conflict probably stuck in by one of the plugins. It is is
HTML Code:
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.mjrgrp.com/demo/atec/wp-includes/js/prototype.js?ver=1.6'></script>
Try disabling all the plugins and see what happend, then add them in one at a time to find the one causing the conflict
Old May 28, 2010, 07:45 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
There is a line of code that causes the conflict probably stuck in by one of the plugins. It is is
HTML Code:
<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.mjrgrp.com/demo/atec/wp-includes/js/prototype.js?ver=1.6'></script>
Try disabling all the plugins and see what happend, then add them in one at a time to find the one causing the conflict
That was it! Here is the offending plugin:
http://jeremy.am/wordpress-plugins/find-me-on/

Too bad. I really like that plugin.