Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Fluid or Fixed width to stop alignment problems

Old Sep 8, 2010, 09:51 PM
Kesava

21 posts · Jun 2010
I have two slideshows on my website.

www.prabhupadvision.com

They show side by side on my computer, however for many other people who use different screen resolutions or browsers, one of the slideshows gets pushed down below the other.

Atahualpa is set to 97% Fluid width. I'm wondering if I need to set the "Layout MIN Width" in order to keep the slideshows where they are. But what is the downside of this? If the width is set to a certain px and someone has a low screen resolution, what happens?

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
All that will happen is they will have to scroll side to side. I usually set my site to a static width of no more than 1000px which is fine for the majority of people and I don't have to fiddle with placement issues.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:27 PM
Kesava

21 posts · Jun 2010
Sounds like it should work. I've set it to stay at 1175px fixed width, which is the smallest I can possibly have it while keeping the slideshows as they should be.

Now I guess it will show up properly no matter what and the width is as small as it possibly can be so the least amount of people will have to scroll.

Thanks