Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

Open RSS in New Window?

Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:59 AM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Hey,

I currently have the RSS Posts and E-mail buttons actived above the Search bar and they work great, but would like them to open in new windows when clicked upon. Where in the code can I edit to add target="_blank"? I am using 3.2 btw.

Thanks!

-Adam
Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
bfa_header_config.php about line 111-127
Old Jul 10, 2009, 06:04 PM
letienvy

1 posts · Apr 2009
PHP Code:
// COMMENT Feed link

if ( $bfa_ata['show_comments_icon'] == "Yes" ) { 

$logo_area .= '<a class="comments-icon" '

if ( 
$bfa_ata['nofollow'] == "Yes" ) { 

$logo_area .= 'rel="nofollow" '
            } 

$logo_area .= 'href="' $bfa_ata['bloginfo_comments_rss2_url'] . '" title="' 

$bfa_ata['comment_feed_link_title'] . '">' $bfa_ata['comment_feed_link'] . '</a>';

} 
PHP Code:
// COMMENT Feed link

if ( $bfa_ata['show_comments_icon'] == "Yes" ) { 

$logo_area .= '<a class="comments-icon" '

if ( 
$bfa_ata['nofollow'] == "Yes" ) { 

$logo_area .= 'rel="nofollow" '
            } 

$logo_area .= 'href="' $bfa_ata['bloginfo_comments_rss2_url'] . '" title="' '"target="_blank""'

$bfa_ata['comment_feed_link_title'] . '">' $bfa_ata['comment_feed_link'] . '</a>';

} 
the sample for "Feedburner Email link" and "POSTS Feed link"
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:36 PM
maksev

5 posts · Aug 2009
I was able to do Comment and POst feed, but i dont know where to put target blank for Feedburner

// Feedburner Email link
if ( $bfa_ata['show_email_icon'] == "Yes" ) {

$logo_area .= '<a class="email-icon" ';

if ( $bfa_ata['nofollow'] == "Yes" ) {
$logo_area .= 'rel="nofollow" ';
}

$logo_area .= 'href="http://' . ($bfa_ata['feedburner_old_new'] == 'New - at feedburner.google.com' ?
'feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=' : 'www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=') .
$bfa_ata['feedburner_email_id'] . '&amp;loc=' . get_locale() . '" title="' .
$bfa_ata['email_subscribe_link_title'] . '">' . $bfa_ata['email_subscribe_link'] . '</a>';

}

where do i place target here?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:42 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can put it here

$logo_area .= '<a target="_blank" class="email-icon" ';
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:02 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
I'd like to just add the target="_blank" to the html code for the link to subscribe to feedburner via email that I have in the logo area. Can't I do that without all of this PHP? Can't I just find that line of HTML code and just add the target="_blank" manually?

In firebug I can see the html code I want to edit but I'm not sure where that html code is - can you guys tell me what file it's in? I thought maybe css.php but when I did a ctrl F search for "feedburner" there was only one hit and it wasn't the HTML code.

Thanks!
Thomas
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the code that builds the link is in bfa_header_config.php after line 202 (version 3.4.4)