Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Dynamic Header Center Alignment on Atahualpa

Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:34 AM
heatispower

8 posts · Jul 2010
Hi there,

I am using the Dynamic Header plugin with Atahualpa theme...both are amazing.

I need to center my header and cannot seem to do it-- it's currently left align. Hours of googling indicates others have had this problem but apparently the answer has been in private because I haven't seen one yet!

I inserted dynamic header into atahualpa using ATO-Style and edit Header bar and inserted <?php show_media_header(); ?> just after the %pages

Where do I configure alignment??

MANY thanks,
Kelsey
Old Aug 8, 2010, 04:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What version of dynamic-headers?
What is your url?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:24 AM
heatispower

8 posts · Jul 2010
Juggledad,

HOORAY thanks for catching this! Sorry to leave key info out:

Atahualpa 3.4.8
WP 3.0 beta-2
Dynamic Headers 3.5.1
urliswww.heatispower.org

If I could learn how to center align the rotating images in the body of the homepage as well, that would be great too!

Many thanks again,
Kelsey
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) Get off WP 3.0 BETA - go to 3.0.1
2) Get off ATAHUALPA 3.4.8 and go to 3.5.3
3) add class="aligncenter" to the div
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:28 PM
heatispower

8 posts · Jul 2010
My hesitation with updating these is--- is there risk I could lose the whole website in doing so?

It's a miracle I've gotten this website up, literally a miracle. I'm terrified to click 'update' and lose everything.

1. Do I literally just click update and everything is magically done, or does it involve more?
2. Is there a high risk I could lose the site?
3. I have no idea how to back this site up, nor what to do with a backed-up copy

---on a side note---

I used the code: <?php show_media_header(); ?> in the format header section, so using Div would the title be "show_media_header

?

Sorry for being a novice, I really really appreciate yoU!
Kelsey
Old Aug 8, 2010, 01:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
step one in working with a wordpress site is you set up a database backup and recovery plan.
If you look thru the forums you will find a sticky 'HOWTO: upgrade Atahualpa to a new version'
Old Aug 8, 2010, 02:38 PM
heatispower

8 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks Juggledad,

I have now backed up the site in two locations, working on the third.

I would prefer not to update to a newer version of atahualpa if possible. My current version allows new css/html inserts using Div#.

Could you help me center align the dynamic headers using my current version of atahualpa? It seems it could be done using Div# as you suggest---my question is, what is the 'title' I associate it with after adding Div# in the add css inserts part of atahualpa. "show_media_header" does not seem like it. I've tried "media_header" and that doesn't work, also have tried <?php show_media_header(); ?.

I very much appreciate your help,
Kelsey
Old Aug 8, 2010, 05:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Anything you have in 3.4.8 should work the same in 3.5.3

the change from Atahualpa 3.4.8 to 3.5.3 should be painless and will prevent possible problems. the options should be the same, and I don't recommend 3.4.7 -> 3.5.1. 3.5.3 is actually just 3.5.2 with several fixes applied to it.

When I said you need to add class="aligncenter" to the div, I mean the post. It maybe that the div is being created by the dynamic-header in which case you need to look at the source of the page and determine what CSS selector you need to use. Then you can duplicate the CSS that is currently assigned to the 'aligncenter' selector so it will apply. And you put it all in the CSS Inserts.

If you need help with the CSS, http://www.w3schools.com is a great resource.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 09:54 PM
heatispower

8 posts · Jul 2010
Juggledad,

Thanks-- I ended up inserting the following code: <?php echo '<center>'; show_media_header(); echo '</center>';?> under ATO, style header area where I once had simply: <?php show_media_header(); ?>

as suggested from this bytesforall forum, ast thread: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5728

Hope this helps others...ugly coding or not, it works!!

Thanks,
Kelsey